Thursday, August 14, 2008

Week 9, Thing 23 The End of the Journey

I liked the CTAP Region IV Piracy and Plagiarism website. That seemed to be the most useful for teachers at me campus. The video Fair(y) Use Tale was really cute for junior high and I think my students would enjoy it. The teachers probably wouldn't.

Whew! What an amazing journey through Library 2.0. What I learned: I found that keeping a blog is not difficult at all; in fact, it is rather engaging and cathartic. Wikis are wonderful for encouraging collaborative, meaningful class participation. Zoho writer would have helped me immensely while I was working on my Master’s. It’s a wonderful tool. I’ve already uploaded all my favorites to delicious so that I can find what I need away from my pc. I’m addicted to Library Thing because I joined a poetry group in which I enjoy interacting. Library Success made me want to organize my library better. I found that I can’t live without Flickr, Picasa or Ning, where I created my Tiger Book Club forum for student participation in an online booktalk. And YouTube is just plain fun. I will definitely a provide staff development session to enhance the teachers’ technology tool belts with these wonderful educational sites.

No comments: