Thursday, August 14, 2008

Week 9, Thing 21 Podcasts

Today I heard an NPR podcast, from the NET network, called “All About Books.” The link to acquire this podcast is http://feeds.feedburner.com/all_about_books. I downloaded Juice, the cross-platform podcast receiver in order to hear “All About Books.” The narrator discussed a book entitled Beyond Revenge, a study my Michael McCullugh. It is a serious study about the evolution of forgiveness. McCulluch goes back to the caveman days to talk about revenge as a survival instinct and how forgiveness is also a part of our evolutionary development. The narrator talks about the main idea of the text and reads excerpts from the book. I enjoyed this podcast and would definitely like to hear more “All About Books” segments as I drive to work in the mornings. This is a great educational tool for teachers to use in the classroom.

No comments: