Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Week 4, Thing 8

I never knew the news websites were called RSS news feeers, but I've been using them all along on my homepage. I have Yahoo and I installed world news, national news, and BBC news to see how the world views the U.S. as opposed to how we see ourselves. For this exercise I created a Bloglines account with some news feeds, as well as the following library links:

Libraries and Librarians
Library Stuff
NYT > Books
The Shifted Librarian

Teachers can use this new technology by finding feeds connected to their subject matter, to education, to TAKS-related links, or simple news feeds to support civics classes/current events objectives. If these feeds are not blocked at our district, I would like to make sure teachers know how to access them to supplement the curriculum.

My own bloglines account is available at http://www.bloglines.com/blog/jan519 .

1 comment:

ESC1 said...

I started using Google Reader for most of my feeds because I'm always on Google anyway.